Michal Suchanek wrote:
> "To offer another analogy, a folk definition of insanity is to do the
> same thing over and over again and expect the results to be different.
> By this definition, we in fact require that programmers of
> multithreaded systems be insane. Were they sane, they could not
> understand their programs."

As Rick DeNatale pointed out, the folk analogy is nonsense. The real
world just isn't deterministic. But the point is valid, short of space
rays ;), computers are deterministic systems and a using a
nondeterministic computation model in programming means you're giving
this advantage up.

David Vallner