Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:03:16AM +0900, darren kirby wrote:
> Jargon Wiki (evolving Jargon File)
> http://ursine.ca/Top-post
... or
>         simply a common-and-garden-variety idiot.

The real problem here is that there is no general agreement over which
is right.  Forum people, like myself, are annoyed by bottom posting
(especially with a long quote), and other people are annoyed by top
posting.  It's not a matter of ettiquite, since there isn't any global
agreement that one way is "good" and the other is "bad".

I'm niether rude nor a common-and-garden-variety idiot; merely a forum
user.

Me thinks this issue will not go away as long as there are multiple
avenues of accessing this cornucopia of knowledge and wisdom.

It could be solved programatically I suppose.  Just create separate text
entry boxes for the quote and the new content, and then place them
"backwards" in the email that goes out to the mailing list.

Frankly I find the nuisance of this topic to be slight in comparison to
the value of the knowledge to be found here.

jp