Hi Folks,
I'm still enjoying Ruby now after about six months of learning ruby and
rails together.  I'm doing well at continuing my understanding of how to
get the most out of Rails, but I feel like I've hit a bit of a rut on
the Ruby side of things.

Specifically, I feel like I've gotten to a point where I remember enough
of it that I can spend some time looking things up and come up with a
reasonable solution to most anything I tackle.  What's missing is the
big leap from "I can find the answer and I know it's there somewhere" to
actually being proficient in the language and using all of the many
built-in methods efficiently.

Does it just take a really long time to become really proficient at this
rich language, or is there a particular book or other means by which I
can re-accellerate my climb to that pinnacle?  I suppose I'm looking for
an easy way out here.  No doubt if I continue to stumble about as
half-a-rubyist for another year or two I'll eventually get most of the
way there.

I'm looking for a shortcut to the top of the mountain.  Anybody know the
way?

thanks,
jp