Robin Stocker wrote:
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>> One thing I do find myself changing often is when I'm editing a (Gentoo)
>> config file in Vim. The comments tend to be user instructions on how to
>> set the parameters. On a black background, Vim colors the comments a
>> dark-ish blue that's almost unreadable, so I go ":syn off" to read them.
>
> That's because Vim assumes that there is a bright background. I also had
> the very same problem until I discovered this option:
>
>   set background=dark
>
> That makes the comments a bright blue, something like cyan. Try it!

Yeah ... that is better. Still, when I edit a Ruby file, the comments
are in "cyan", the "def" keyword is in a "pale blue" that almost looks
like cyan, and the method name after the "def" is the same color as the
comments, but brighter (boldface?). It's as though the coloring was
designed not so much to flag certain syntactic elements as it was to
provide contrasting tokens.