Hi all,

The mocking framework in rspec uses method_missing to capture all the
messages sent to it, comparing the message to a list of expected
messages. For various reasons I'm trying to rework this so that
instead of using method_missing, we define the expected message on the
mock on the fly.

For that to happen, setting expectations on the mock ends up invoking this:

      def define_expected_method(sym)
        (class << self; self; end).__send__(:define_method, sym,
lambda {|*args| message_received(sym, *args)})
      end

The Proc yields *args, which are then passed to message_received. How
can I get the Proc to yield a block that is passed in with the call to
:sym? I tried this:

lambda {|*args, &block| ....

but it throws an error. Any other ideas? Let me know if the question
is not clear.

Thanks,
David