On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 07:54:10PM +0900, William Crawford wrote:
> Alder Green wrote:
> > Here's an example of what I'm looking for:
> >
> > http://www.users.on.net/~markwoodward/vim/linVim/ftplugin/ruby_cols.vim
> >
> > I can't use this particular one as it is aimed at people who use black
> > text over white bg, whereas I use white on black.
> >
> > But I'm sure there are several people here who use Vim in
> > light-on-dark mode to edit Ruby files, and have defined an apropriate
> > color set for that purpose.
>
> Wait, what are you looking for then?  Someone who has done the work for
> you and knew your personal tastes?  Someone to take the time to
> customize that for you?
>
> Why not just edit it, since you already know how?

The impression I get is that he just doesn't want to have to reinvent
the wheel if someone else has already done a good job of it and is
willing to share.  Fiddling and fine-tuning a color scheme can be kind
of a pain in the butt sometimes, regardless of the application and the
configuration mechanism.

"The ability to quote is a serviceable
substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham