On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 08:30:35PM +0900, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
> Jeff Pritchard <jp / jeffpritchard.com> wrote:
> >Isn't the root of the disagreement the fact that some of us only use the
> >web portal and others choose to get the email version of the the list?
>
> It isn't the difference between web and email, it is a different
> presentation philosophy.  The same philosophy can be applied
> to either web or email based deliver mechanisms.  It also happens
> that each philosophy targets a particular style of discussion.

Actually, I've been thinking about this . . . and based on my own
experience, when quoting happens in a web forum, it's "always" at the
top -- thus providing de facto bottom-posting.  Posting above the quote
seems an absurd possibility at best in a web forum (and yes, I've been
involved in a LOT of web forum discussion).  The danger with a
multi-interface venue like this, with regard to web forums, seems to be
the potential and likelihood for contextless posts in the forum that
might prove less than perfectly clear for those using the mailing list
or newsgroup.

This sig for rent:  a Signify v1.14 production from http://www.debian.org/