On 9/2/06, Alder Green <alder.green / gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been migrating to Vim recently. It has impressive Ruby/Rails
> support: indentation, intellisense for Ruby and Rails objects, a lot
> of shortcuts for fast editing of Rails projects... you can even script
> Vim in Ruby!
>
> Vim also has good syntax-highlighting support. Unfortunately, the
> color scheme applied through the syntax highlighting sucks. It lumps
> together too many elements:
>
> Methods, symbols, constants, class variables, instance variables,
> global variables, block parameters, predefined constants and variables
> --
>
> All those are colored blue. Which completely defeats the purpose of
> syntax-highlighting, to help you visually differentiate between the
> various syntactical elements of the code.
>
> Apparently, all the above (and several others)  *are* differentiated
> by the Vim Ruby syntax parser. However, the default color scheme
> colors them all the same. So the problem is with the color scheme.
>
> How do I get a nice color scheme that would do a better job of
> visually differentiating the various Ruby-related syntactical
> elements?

Hello

I use the default vim syntax highlighting which links all language
specific elements to the generic elements (ie it would link
rubyComment to comment or somesuch), and wit darkgreen background the
vim theme elflord works quite well for me. It could use some tweaking
but I am too lazy to do that.

Thanks

Michal