On 9/2/06, Paul Lutus <nospam / nosite.zzz> wrote:

> 1. Get the Vim source and edit the syntax coloring engine datafiles.

Actually, all you need it to redefine the color definitions for each
element. No need to delve into the Vim source; it's a pretty common
case of user customization.

> 2. Change editors.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I like Vim very much. The Ruby support
is very impressive - in fact it's the best I've seen so far. The
editor itself is rich and excellent, with a huge community and a vast
selection of functionality-extending scripts.

Now all I need it a few lines of decent syntax highlighting
definitions. Would take me an hour or two to do myself, but I'm sure
some hardcore Vim/Ruby fan had already done a much better job :)

--
-Alder