On Sep 1, 2006, at 7:50 PM, Bil Kleb wrote:

> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>> After gem install MerriamWebster, ri irony outputs:
>
> Dang cool.  I missed that one.  However, I only get:
>
>  Attempting remote installation of 'MerriamWebster'
>  ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
>      undefined method `name' for -517611318:Fixnum
>
> on ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [powerpc-darwin8.2.0]

This is going to sound funny, but try it again.  A couple of times if
you have to.

I've seen that error before and it seems to come and go.  Certain
things seem to stress it more.  I often saw it when building the
RDocs for gems, for example.

Interestingly, I have not seem it in some time now.  I'm guessing my
switch to an Intel Mac or upgrade to 1.8.4 resolved the issue.

Hope that helps.

James Edward Gray II