This is not true.
    NNTP (usenet) has many properties in common with UDP.  The messages are
not guaranteed to arrive in order nor is there a guarantee that they will
arrive at all!  This has nothing to do with your news reader, either.  If
and when your new server recieves the post is beyond your control, hence
the evolution of usenet protocol...

    Speak for yourself...

    You are, again, speaking for yourself...

    Why is the > character insufficient for marking the quoted text?  Are
the clients of which you speak incapable of displaying newlines?  What's
with the skimming?

    Life is not perfect but we go on living it.
    Bottom posting provided context to the new text that most people
appreciated.  Yes, you can't make everyone happy but you can try to make
the majority happy and it was exactly this majority that determined this
protocol.

    P.S.  Context is nice to have...

news:6ca86814dd08dcb7f44275f3c327208a / ruby-forum.com...