Squeamizh wrote:
> James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> On Sep 1, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Rob Sanheim wrote:
>>
>>> I find it amusing that he says Rails is too risky and new, yadda
>>> yadda, but then he goes on to talk about their in-house language,
>>> "Wasabi":
>> I too found that beyond ironic.
>>
>> James Edward Gray II
>
> Do you know what ironic means?

After gem install MerriamWebster, ri irony outputs:

3 a  (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events
and the normal or expected result  (2) : an event or result marked by
such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a
drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the
audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic
irony, tragic irony

In this case, "tragic irony" seems apt.

...Just another Joel