On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 06:03:24AM +0900, Matt Todd wrote:
> One of the reasons I prefer GMail for reading Mailing Lists is because
> it groups threads and hides quoted text (but allows you to show them
> if necessary). It's very clean. If you're using other clients for your
> mail list subscriptions (such as this one), I'd recommend getting a
> GMail account just for them, and setting up filters to label them and
> archive them so they don't show up in the mail box (which is very easy
> to do).

I prefer mutt (the mail user agent I use) over Gmail.  I do have a Gmail
account -- I just don't use it.  The ability to hide quoted text is
nice, but I simply don't find it to be useful enough to bother.  At
worst, I hit the spacebar and voila, I'm at the new text.

> Heck, plus you don't have to worry about storage!

I have a lot more storage locally than in my Gmail account.  I just
don't like looking at all those saved threads, especially when there's
an online archive of the list for when I really, really need it.

"There comes a time in the history of any project when it becomes necessary
to shoot the engineers and begin production." - MacUser, November 1990