On 01.09.2006 11:26, Jeremy Tregunna wrote:

> On 06-09-01, at 04:10, Robert Klemme wrote:

>>> No, there are only a few languages I can think of (okay, 2) that
>>> allow this: the aforementioned javascript, and Io; Ruby does not.
>>
>> Just out of curiosity: what about Lisp?
>
> I don't know of a single lisp implementation that lets you do this,
> perhaps you could enlighten me?

<disclaimer>No LISP guru here</disclaimer>

I probably confused lambdas with normal functions:

[1]> (setq f1 (lambda (x) (+ x x)))
#<FUNCTION :LAMBDA (X) (+ X X)>
[2]> (funcall f1 10)
20
[3]> f1
#<FUNCTION :LAMBDA (X) (+ X X)>

So, for a lambda you can - but apparently for functions you can't.  Or
can you?

Kind regards

	robert