Dr Nic wrote:
> Was the presentation
> given via an in-game audio stream or skype?

Forgot to answer that, got excited about next week and got off track.
Heh.

It was in-game text.  There was a discussion about audio or skype
afterwards, but I think most decided it would just increase the
requirements (bandwidth, etc.) and force more people out.  I had to
leave while they were discussing it, so I'm not real sure how it ended.

BTW, one of the things I liked about using SL was that you aren't forced
to view everything from your avatar's viewpoint, unlike real life.  That
screencap was not from where I was sitting.  I had rotated the view
around a lower spot on the screen, so that I could see it and the
speaker well, without any distractions.  There was actually a guy right
behind my view, but I didn't have to interrupt his view to get a good
view of my own.  Very nice.