Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 01:13:45PM +0900, Logan Capaldo wrote:
>> On Aug 31, 2006, at 11:57 PM, Brad Peek wrote:
>> >
>> >What is "top posting" and why is it considered bad form?
>>
>> Responding Like This.
>> > What is top posting?
>>
>> It's confusing and makes it harder to follow a thread.
>> > Why is it considered bad form?
>
> I believe the canonical example goes a little something like this:
>
>   A. It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
>   Q. Why is it considered bad form?
>   A. It's posting the answer above the question.
>   Q. What is top posting?

You know, the problem I have with this answer is that in a forum, the
first post was posted first...  And then the reply was posted, with the
first quoted.  Before or after, it doesn't really matter, since I read
the first post first.

So maybe the example should be:

----

   Q. What is top posting?
   Q. Why is it considered bad form?

----

   A. It's posting the answer above the question.
   A. It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
>   Q. What is top posting?
>   Q. Why is it considered bad form?

----

It's still slightly confusing, but it's the way top posting really
happens.