Both Logan's and Max's answers are right on the money. That should set
you up just fine.

> The Rails list recently moved to:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk

I'd definitely join this mailing list as it will be much more focused
on Rails. (And, besides, who likes hearing messages about posting
questions on the other list anyhow? Hehehe.)

By the by, did you know you don't have to put the ()s in the message passing?

<%= render(:partial => "shared/user", :locals => {  :user => @user  }) -%>

could be

<%= render :partial => "shared/user", :locals => {  :user => @user  } -%>

which is a bit cleaner in my opinion. (That whole signal verses noise thing.)

Cheers,

M.T.

P.S. -- Come to think of it, I'm not sure if you have to specify
"shared/_user" or just "shared/user" as your partial template. Hmm.