From: "Timothy Hunter" <TimHunter / nc.rr.com>

> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>>
>> Right. Building Ruby itself is dead simple.
>>
>> Now try to build the RMagick extension and get it to work. (Note: I
>> haven't tried it, personally. It *might* work.)
>>
>> There are some tricks to getting it all to work, but at some point you
>> have to build your own version of a lot of libraries.
>>
>> -austin
> Or you could just ask those who've done it. Kaspar Schiess did the Win32
> versions of RMagick for several years. With practice he got it down to a
> 2-day task. Brett DiFrischia did the latest version, 1.13.0. That one
> took 6 weeks. One of the biggest problems (AFAIK) is RMagick's configure
> script, which has easily over 100 feature tests and of course doesn't
> work at all on Windows.

What I did was to install the same version of ImageMagick
I wanted to use on Windows, on Linux.  Then run RMagick's
./configure on Linux, then copy the resulting
rmagick_config.h back over to Windows, and make a couple
manual tweaks to account for the OS differences.

Not exactly elegant, but it seems to have worked.

Regards,

Bill