Yes, when you put out a release (using the web form) you'll see an
option to "Add file to this release".  That's what I use.  I prefer my
approach because it's a little less confusing (to me), and saves screen
real estate.  I have a feeling it's also easier to manage in terms of
show/edit in the Admin section.

For example, if you wanted to hide the 0.3.1 release for alib, wouldn't
you have to perform two edits?  One for the gem and one for the .tgz
file?

But, hey, far be it from me to tell you how to organize your project. :)

> > It would require C I'm afraid.  The win32-open3 package is one of
> > those that can't properly be converted to pure Ruby.
> Perhaps a simple
> > facade is in order.
>
> that's ok.  a facade would be fine.
>
> >> next i'll have you help me make posixlock cross-platform ;-)
> >
> > I haven't looked at the source yet, but I suppose I would start with
> > Lock() and LockEx():
> >

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceda
> > ta
> > 5/html/wce50lrfLockFile.asp
>
> right.  i'd like both those and fctnl (posix) based locking
> wrapped into a single
>
>    file.lock File::LOCK_EX
>
> interface that mimics File#flock
>
> if you have a minute check out posixlock - it's really short.
>  which win32 lib
>    might already have locking builtin?

The wrappers for the raw C functions would be in windows-pr
(windows/file).  However, I just realized I haven't included the
appropriate constants for those functions (dangit).  I'll do that this
weekend.

I'll take a look at posixlock and see what I can come up with.

Regards,

Dan