On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:15:28AM +0900, Eric Mill wrote:
> That's being a little oversemantical.  Going into the details of Ruby's
> call chain and how method lookups work underneath the hood would totally
> defeat the intent of why's book, which is to welcome new blood and
> inspire curiosity as to how Ruby could possibly be as magic as why
> (accurately) portrays it.

Actually, the book *only* aspires to be underground (and, hopefully, one day:
illegal.)  Anything else is incidental.  I second the de-recommending of this
book -- in the hopes that it will stay a dark, misunderstood and unknown guide.

But, yes, I will change that to read "method call" rather than "method" after
I've had an autumn or two to think about it.

_why