Cliff Cyphers wrote:
> Jon Leighton wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been trying to set up a small Ruby script as a spam filter. It
>> would be used as a content_filter from Postfix, and then pass the
>> message to SpamAssassin. I didn't use SA as a direct content filter
>> because I wanted the flexibility to be able to do things like pick and
>> choose which email addresses get filtered.
>>
> If you use procmail for your MDA you can set up recipes so that you can
> pass incoming message that match these rules to spamd.  This is a much
> faster solution than implementing in Ruby.  Just something to consider.

Thanks for the suggestion. I considered procmail but didn't really want
to use it because I already had set up a working system using Postfix
and virtual mailboxes. I'm sure that's possible in procmail too but just
adds another technology to the chain and something else to learn.
However, if we can't find a reasonable solution to this problem I may
reconsider it.