On 8/31/06, Austin Ziegler <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/30/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist / gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree with this, but I wonder if there is somebody that has
> > succesfully compiler Ruby with VC8. I rember somebody has started this
> > process (Austin is it you?), but never heard of the final result.
>
> I had actually started and I did get a running Ruby. But I had to do a
> *lot* of extra stuff toward getting a working One-Click Installer
> approach.

That's good to know, at least the result was not negative.

> I have recently had time to install the appropriate development tools
> on my laptop (my old Windows laptop, not a virtual environment in my
> Mac, which I will be doing later), so I hope to pick this up again to
> help with the effort we were talking with Microsoft about.

Please do so :-], till MS guys will not change their minds.

I am a little puzzled by Nobu's comment:

[quote]
64-bit ruby is binary incompatible with 32-bit ruby.
So it isn't concerned with 32-bit One-Click Installer.
[/quote]

What does this mean?

./alex
--