On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Logan Capaldo wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2006, at 1:52 PM, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:
>
>> Array.step(0,-4)
>>     ==>[]                           # <- this one's wrong
>
> I'd almost rather make the RCR for changing step rather than adding
> Array.step. It's more general, and with 1.9 magic iterators I think it would
> obviate the need to even have Array.step, e.g.: 1.step(3).to_a. Make n.step {
> ... } work as well and make it walk backwards if its from high to low.

indeed.  just to be clear, however, the RCR is for Array.step not the exact
impl.  the reason i wrote the one i did is because it can be translated to C
easily.

regards.

-a
--
what science finds to be nonexistent, we must accept as nonexistent; but what
science merely does not find is a completely different matter... it is quite