> Their language is based more upon sounds than most.  Each character
> represents a sound, and then sounds together create a word.  Our letters
> do have sounds, but the complete sound is only made with a combination
> of letters.  'rubima' (Ruby Magazine) can only be written 1 way in their
> language, and apparently also means 'motivation bean jam'.  Any time
> they shorten something like that, it's almost assured to also mean
> something else.  The translator has no way of knowing this was a short
> form of other words, and does its best to translate.

Back to technology - now I need a RSS feed proxy that auto-translates
RSS feeds before my feedreader gets them. Netvibes won't be happy if I
send it off to Google for Translating :)

The Google Translator returns a split frame panel. The content frame's
url is:
/translate_p?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja&u=TARGETURL

And that redirects to /translate_c?...

(Note that the en has been removed from the langpair).

But theoretically, if we pass a RSS feed to
/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja&u=FEED.XML

it should autotranslate each time it loads.

I passed it: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/hanazukin/rss2
(a random feed I found)

Unfortunately, Google Translate doesn't seem to work on RSS feeds. Pity.