Hi Gianfranco,
Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to lose hope.
I am running this on Windows XP with Ruby 1.8.4-20.
I guess that 'maturity' only comes with people exposing
the problems, and then getting them fixed.
So, I hope this is just one of the steps on the way
to a more robust Ruby development environment.
I just noticed that Hiroshi tested my code with the
development version of soap4r, and he got it to work,
so I will try to do the same.

Best regards,
Tad.
(If you would like me to, I will let you know what progress I make.)