On 29 Aug 2006, at 23:50, Max Muermann wrote:

> Translating the Rubist Magazine FAQ came up with the following gem:
>
> Q. there is no article of the ~~ in the [ru] [bi] [ma] why?
> Motivation bean jam?
>
> I too get Motivation bean jam sometimes... it's not something I would
> talk about in mixed company, though.

That's such a great name for a Ruby blog...

In fact, we could turn 'Engrish' back on itself and do thousands of
new t-shirts off this tool. I'd wear a t-shirt depicting Motivation
bean jam. Maybe.

Why is machine translation so bad anyway? It's only changing one set
of vocabulary and grammar for an equivalent set - it would seem that
the biggest problem with most tools out there is ridiculously small
foreign language dictionaries and tiny grammar rule sets. Very odd,
and probably quite easy to fix.