Hi,

"David Alan Black" wrote something like this:
(I added the generic <<...>> stuff.)

> On <<many previous occasions>>, <<way too many people>> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to see <<this or that or nothing>> as
> > the <<official or unofficial>> Ruby mascot.
>
> I guess I'd lulled myself into thinking this possibility had gone away.
> See [ruby-talk:14209], which is part of an enormous thread on this.

Me too. What on earth prompted reviving the mascot issue!?

> (If we get back into this logo/mascot thing, could we do as much of it
> as possible with references to old posts, since everything has already
> been said? :-)

OK!

And could we always be sure to _always_ include this reference: [ruby-talk:
20990], which is the (preceding) post that made that request and which
pretty much sums up why most people would prefer not to see this very
contentious and divisive issue reopened.

And thanks to the many people that _didn't_ respond with their favorite
and different alternatives (again).

Conrad