Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> Rcmn 73 wrote:
>> Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
>>> On 8/28/06, Rcmn 73 <rcmn73 / gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  > That would be great if ActiveLdap get accessible without compiling.
>>>>

>>> Out of curiosity, what were the specific limitations you found with
>>> the python module active_directory? I want to make sure I didn't leave
>>> similar limitations in Net::LDAP :-).
>>
>> this module allow to just search.No add/remove function .And i run into
>> a limitation, 1500 max returns(That's just what i've been experiencing).
>
> Thanks for the information. Net::LDAP has the full set of LDAP
> operations. I'm a little surprised that you are able to get 1500 entries
> per search, though. The usual limitation with ActiveDirectory is 1000.
> Many tools have this limitation, which is caused by a lack of support
> for RFC-2696. Net::LDAP doesn't have this limitation, and neither do the
> more recent versions of ldapsearch.
>
> I've never heard of 1500, though, unless your A/D configuration has been
> tweaked.

This is a very good new that Net::LDAP does not have this limitation.
As our Active directory limitation it has probably limitated to
1500.Using PHP or the DS command's i can get various result but i was
never able to get more than 1500+.And depending of the periode of the
day PHP or DS cmd would just died without any return.Anyway with the
python module i get a consitent 1500.So maybe  as u mention the
limitation is an AD setting.
So i assume i will run into that limitation also with Net::LDAP...Or
Net::LDAP process search by a different way and avoid this sort of
limitation ? By getting a set of 100 then an other 100 etc ? Or is that
impossible?