Mauricio Fernandez wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 05:02:10PM +0900, Ola Bini wrote:
>> As an extension on my earlier question of partial includes; I just
>> noticed that you can't include a Class, even though it is a Module.
>>
>> Anyone have a way of doing this?
>>
>> What I would like to do, is to be able to dynamically mix in some good
>> methods from preexisting classes, depending on arguments to the
>> constructor. Since I need to do it dynamically, and also need it
>> differently for different instances of the class, I can't make it
>> inherit the other class.
> [...]
>
>> But I can't have an instance of Bar or Foo so delegating is impossible.
>       ========================
>> I need the methods to be in the the same instance.
>
> Doesn't this provide a very strong indication that you want to put the
> reusable methods in modules? :-)

See, that's my problem. I have no control over them. Let me explain. I'm
working on ActiveRecord-JDBC, and sorry to say, some features of JDBC
aren't really database independent (for example, DDL). So, my current
track is to include parts of the original implementation to avoid this
problem. Right now I have copied the source verbatim, but that is no
solution. I want AR-JDBC to recognize that it's being used with an
Oracle JDBC driver, and then include some parts of OracleAdapter, (but
only parts...)

--
  Ola Bini (http://ola-bini.blogspot.com)
  JvYAML, RbYAML, JRuby and Jatha contributor