Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> On 8/28/06, Rcmn Rcmn <rcmn73 / gmail.com> wrote:
>> i've seen net::ruby like i've seen so many duplicate project.Since the
>> activity for net::ruby is only 76% i thought maybe it was a better
>> choice going with activeldap.Thank you for the pointer i will go with
>> Net:ruby instead.
>>

> Net::LDAP is definitely active. I just checked some new features into
> it this evening. As far as ActiveLDAP is concerned, I've talked
> several times with Will Drewry about refactoring it to run above
> Net::LDAP. One of these days, someone will get around to doing that,
> and then ActiveLDAP will also be usable without requiring a compiler.

actually u're right about Net::LDAP i just check it and noticed it too.

That would be great if ActiveLdap get accessible without compiling.
Because i almost choose to do this project with python.I was done with
my test in less than 3 hours installation included. I was ready to go
with it but i found active_directory ,a python module, easy to use but
also very limitated.

 So i decided to stick with ruby a little longer.But if net::ldap is to
much to get around in short periode i'll have to change direction.
Meanwhile rdoc and this forum  are valuable resources and i'm confident
i'll be able to get it done with R.