I don't want to rain on your parade, especially because I can't
figure out why you're having a parade. I could understand a newbie
being puzzled about this code (because he wrote [0 ... length] where
he should used 0 ... length) and posting it so someone could explain
why it works the way it does, but you say that's not your situation.
Could you be more explicit about what amuses, delights, intrigues, or
otherwise motivates you to bring this to our attention?

Regards, Morton