Hey Guys,

Let me apologize upfront if this is not the appropriate place to ask
newbie questions.  I can repost, if someone can point me to the correct
location.

Assuming no is offended, my question is:

I read that the case statement uses the === method for comparison of
each of its clauses.  So, why doesn't the second comparison in the
following code snippet evaluate identically?

a_fix_num = 1
puts a_fix_num.class
case a_fix_num
	when Integer
		puts 'Yes, this is an Integer subclass'
	else
	puts 'No, this is not an Integer subclass'
end

if a_fix_num === Integer
	puts 'Yes, this is an Integer subclass'
else
	puts 'No, this is not an Integer subclass'
end

# Fixnum
# Yes, this is an Integer subclass.
# No, this is not an Integer subclass.