On Aug 28, 2006, at 5:42 PM, Mark Van Holstyn wrote:

> If this is something you dont thinks should be in the CSV library,
> because
> is it not actually "official" csv, then that is fine.

Well, it's more that I don't see what I can give you that split()
doesn't.  Hard for me to improve on that, you know?  ;)

> I look at that file as
> being "almost" CSV (with the exception of putting "'s around fields).

In proper CSV the 6" field would really be:

   "6"""

It's pretty different.  Without the quotes it's illegal to use \t,
\r, and \n in fields (I assume).  There's just really nothing there
you need a parser for, in my opinion.

James Edward Gray II