Ah yes - I'm still learning about motions, as well as visual mode. Now
I just have to download this information into my fingers :)

One other thing - is it possible to syntax color a ruby instance
method in vim? I spent some time this morning tweaking my .vimrc to
color things the same way the Vibrant Ink theme in Textmate does, but
the Ruby syntax file in vim doesn't seem to attempt to try and pick
out method names where there's an explicit receiver (eg.
foo.method_name).

Thanks,
-John
http://www.iunknown.com