Eero Saynatkari wrote:
  > I was merely wondering if there is any reason for the
> T_FILE check in Readline (as opposed to a more permissive
> one) since that would be the easier solution.

Change the check and see if there is a reason?

Personally, I'd avoid unit-testing with simulating interactive input.
Unless you're unit-testing the readline library / binding. Maybe you're
missing an abstraction layer between user input and your program logic?

At least I thought unit testing was supposed to test the core logic
modules, where you can just feed them with your specific data or
environment. Testing at the interface level doesn't seem like
unit-testing to me, and you probably want tools like expect to get
decent coverage from that approach.

David Vallner