Logan Capaldo wrote:

> #constants is getting the constants directly. (What you want is the
> values of the constants.) AFAIK there is no built in way to do this.
> The code isn't terribly long though anyway is it?
>
> class Module
>   def constant_values
>     constants.map { |constant| const_get(constant) }
>   end
> end

ri says that Module#constants returns an array of constant names. For
some reason this reminds me of this bit of _Alice Through the Looking
Glass_, where Alice is talking to the Knight,

'The name of the song is called "Haddocks' Eyes".'

`Oh, that's the name of the song, is it?' Alice said, trying to feel
interested.

`No, you don't understand,' the Knight said, looking a little vexed.
`That's what the name is called. The name really is "The Aged Aged Man".'

`Then I ought to have said "That's what the song is called"?' Alice
corrected herself.

`No, you oughtn't: that's quite another thing! The song is called "Ways
and Means": but that's only what it's called, you know!'

`Well, what is the song, then?' said Alice, who was by this time
completely bewildered.

`I was coming to that,' the Knight said. `The song really is "A-sitting
On a Gate": and the tune's my own invention.'The name of the song is