On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 04:16:01AM +0900, David Vallner wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:
> >Yeah, 'cause things never add up.
>
> 160 GB of hard drive space cost as much as a month of a 1 pack / day
> smoking habit. You could almost fit a whole Debian archive into that.
> E.g. probably more software than most computer users will ever need to
> use, in several versions, for 10 different computer architectures.
>
> Computer storage space is so dirt cheap and available in mass quantities
> it's simply not possible to fill a large amount of it with only software
> that doesn't have humongous requirements on data needed at runtime.
> Sometimes things just don't add up. I'd be interested on how a non-edge
> case workstation setup where they do would contain.

I don't own any 160GB hard drives.  I have no use for them.  My largest
hard drive is exactly half that, and I have storage space to spare.  I
like that situation.

I prefer to keep using what I've got until I need to upgrade to suit
some specific need, rather than running around looking for needs to
justify buying more hardware.

"The measure on a man's real character is what he would do
if he knew he would never be found out." - Thomas McCauley