On Aug 26, 2006, at 11:04 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> 1. The OS "three-sync" thing is, as you pointed out, a throwback to
> days
> when you needed to do that sort of thing. It's superstition.

Well I certainly hope it is superstition. But it is kind of like
those fancy new stove tops that are not supposed to get hot enough to
burn you... *you* try it out, I'll keep my hands away :-)

FWIW, I also still write 0 == N rather than N == 0 all the time.
Sometimes the burn was so bad that it is psychologically easier to
just keep up the avoidance behaviour :-)

Cheers,
Bob

----
Bob Hutchison                  -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/