Tim Bray wrote:
> [Oh, btw, I know that dynamic typing makes some of these things a lot
> harder than for statically-typed languages like Java.  Doesn't mean they
> wouldn't be helpful.]

Komodo somehow managed the last time I tried with Python. It would offer
autocomplete for all method calls it saw used on the same object in that
method before, and all methods for an object that was created in that
method. Wonder if they have the equivalent done with Ruby - haven't
tried the versions with support for the language yet. You might want to
have a look though. The personal license isn't that expensive either,
and probably for work, neither the commercial one if you're in a
position to pester your boss for development tools.

David Vallner