dblack / wobblini.net wrote:

> Hi --
>
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, William James wrote:
>
>> Oliver Bandel wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> The Code:
>>>
>>> ====================================
>>> def look_for_begin
>>>    while line = gets
>>>      if line =~ /^begin/
>>>        puts line
>>>        # return
>>>      end
>>>    end
>>> end
>>>
>>> ARGF.each { look_for_begin }
>>> ====================================
>>

>> puts ARGV.map{|f|IO.readlines(f).find{|s|s=~/^begin/}}
>

> Or maybe:
>
>   puts ARGF.find {|s| /^begin/.match(s) }
[...]

Theese both things looks like if they would look for *all*
occurrnces of "begin", not the first one.

I also think to look only in the first 1000 lines or so...

Ciao,
    Oliver

P.S.: But I now also found files, where more than one
       uuencoded section was inside...
       ... so, maybe reading the files complete also could make sense...
       (I didn't found such files before, so I thought it would make
        sense to read only until the first occurence of /^begin/)