------art_211826_14109536.1156612978151

On 8/26/06, Elliot Temple <curi / curi.us> wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2006, at 8:16 AM, David Vallner wrote:
>
> > I agree that the and should bind more tightly than or now that
> > that's been brought up.
>
> && binds before ||
>
> Presumably there is a special reason for and/or to be the way they
> are. We should probably find out what it is before suggesting it be
> changed.

The general idea is that you can use and and or in similiar places as if and
unless modifiers (ala "or die" in perl, at least as far as I understand it)

e.g. x  tring.index("h") or raise "No h in string!"

Also with left to right equal precendence you can use them as a ternay
operator:

x  ondition and value or other_value

irb(main):025:0> true or true and false