On Aug 26, 2006, at 10:40 am, William Crawford wrote:

>> 1: ruby is an efisiont clean languige that is digsined to minamize
>> boilerplate code
>
> That's what's wonderful about Ruby, but that doesn't mean it doesn't
> need an IDE.  IDE is not about 'boilerplate code'.  It's about easy of
> coding, viewing, and debugging code.

I think it's fair to say that Ruby removes the *need* for an IDE but
that doesn't mean it can't benefit from one.  A bit like living in
walking distance of work and the shops means you don't need a car,
but there are times when it still comes in handy.

When RadRails has a visual debugger, then I will be tempted to start
using it (but probably still set TextMate as the default editor).
I'll still do all my admin scripts using an editor and shell though.

Ashley