------art_146835_9499479.1156586331157

On 8/26/06, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for replying 2 myself

I just went through some  tests with monitoring from Linux.
I guess that these tests still are not very conclusive.
The only thing I am almost sure about is that inject with "+" is a
performance killer.
Inject with "<<" works pretty well and map.join uses lots of memory.
That one I got completely wrong in my tests  (and as I am biased against
inject, was happy to accept ).

I could not even test inject+ in a reasonable time, it was also they only
one where GC kicked in.

Here are the memory and time consumptions for what it is worth at least one
sees the tradeoff between time and memory.

map/join   37.6 MU   7TU
each<<     8.1 MU  29TU
inject<<    8.4 MU  84TU ( I might have screwed up again here)

I guess this setup (constructing very long strings does not suit inject)

Robert

--
Deux choses sont infinies : l'univers et la bóŐise humaine ; en ce qui

- Albert Einstein

------art_146835_9499479.1156586331157--