On Aug 25, 2006, at 8:49 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Morton Goldberg wrote:
>
>> Request for clarification.
>>
>> Are you asking us to define a class or a top-level conversion method?
>
> The quiz asks for a class, yes.

Thanks for the clarification. Rereading the OP more carefully, I see
this is explicitly specified in the bulleted rules. I got thrown off
course by following sentences, which precede the rules:

> For example, suppose a musician plays at a certain venue on Monday,
> Tuesday,
> Wednesday, and Saturday. You could pass a list of associated day
> numbers to your
> object or method, which might return "Mon-Wed, Sat".

To me, the second sentence doesn't make a lot of sense in the context
of a DayRange class. Something that takes a list of numbers and
returns a string, suggests a top-level conversion function.

Regards, Morton