--nextPart1818710.n3rEFr3s9O

quoth the Ezra Zygmuntowicz:

> Darren-
>
> 	You must be thinking of python or something else. David was not
> poking fun. **args is not legal ruby syntax currently:
>
> irb(main):005:0> def foo(**bar)
> irb(main):006:1>  p bar
> irb(main):007:1> end
> SyntaxError: compile error
> (irb):5: parse error, unexpected tPOW, expecting ')'
> def foo(**bar)
>            ^
>          from (irb):5
>          from :0
> irb(main):008:0>
>
> -Ezra

OK, I am a dumbass. You are right, I am thinking of Python. It is spelled o=
ut=20
right there on page 84 of the Pickaxe book. I wonder why I would think it w=
as=20
the same? I could have sworn I had done the same in Ruby...

Well, my sincere apologies to David, and thanks to Ezra for setting me stra=
it.

=2Dd
=2D-=20
=2D Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972