--nextPart1550154.Xvfx51p7Nu

quoth the James Britt:
> John W. Long wrote:
> >
> > As I asked before, please have this discussion over on vit-discuss:

> At dinner recently with a gang of Rubyists, someone mentioned that
> they've used this as an employment screen.  Their company would post an
> announcement of a job opening on a mailing list, and clearly ask that
> people NOT post resumes back to the list, but instead contact the
> company directly.
>
> Those who could not follow this basic request were deemed unsuitable for
> employment.

It is human-nature to post responses here. Place a semi-valuable object in
some public space with a note in big letters that says "DON'T touch this" and
see how long it takes to disappear.

A job announcement is a service to us, soliciting feedback is a service to
them (ie: site designers). While I can appreciate that the site designers
want the discussion centralized I think that if they want "feedback about the
content of the new Web site" they should make it easy for folks to do so. As
in, don't require them to join a totally separate mailing list, presumably
temporarily, just to give the feedback THEY are soliciting.

2 cents...

-d