--nextPart1550154.Xvfx51p7Nu

quoth the James Britt:
> John W. Long wrote:
> >
> > As I asked before, please have this discussion over on vit-discuss:

> At dinner recently with a gang of Rubyists, someone mentioned that
> they've used this as an employment screen.  Their company would post an
> announcement of a job opening on a mailing list, and clearly ask that
> people NOT post resumes back to the list, but instead contact the
> company directly.
>
> Those who could not follow this basic request were deemed unsuitable for
> employment.

It is human-nature to post responses here. Place a semi-valuable object in=
=20
some public space with a note in big letters that says "DON'T touch this" a=
nd=20
see how long it takes to disappear.=20

A job announcement is a service to us, soliciting feedback is a service to =
=20
them (ie: site designers). While I can appreciate that the site designers=20
want the discussion centralized I think that if they want "feedback about t=
he=20
content of the new Web site" they should make it easy for folks to do so. A=
s=20
in, don't require them to join a totally separate mailing list, presumably=
=20
temporarily, just to give the feedback THEY are soliciting.

2 cents...

=2Dd
=2D-=20
=2D Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972