On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 07:08:24AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
> John W. Long wrote:
> >Chad Perrin wrote:
> >
> >>Frankly, there are really only two things about the appearance of the
> >>design to be really examined, as far as I can see:
> >

> >As I asked before, please have this discussion over on vit-discuss:

> At dinner recently with a gang of Rubyists, someone mentioned that
> they've used this as an employment screen.  Their company would post an
> announcement of a job opening on a mailing list, and clearly ask that
> people NOT post resumes back to the list, but instead contact the
> company directly.
>
> Those who could not follow this basic request were deemed unsuitable for
> employment.

Considering my reply was to someone's overenthusiastic critique, and was
not specifically intended as a contribution to the new design, and
considering I'm not seeking employment, I think that veiled insult
misses the mark.  Thanks for playing, though.

"It's just incredible that a trillion-synapse computer could actually
spend Saturday afternoon watching a football game." - Marvin Minsky