<snip>

There is no syslog on Windows.  There is the EventLog, for which you can
use win32-eventlog.  However, it is not really designed for the general
purpose logging that syslog is.  It's more or less intended to log
critical events for specific applications.

For general logging I always use Logger, part of the stdlib.

Regards,

Dan