Hello Josh,
2006/8/25, Josh Knowles <joshknowles / gmail.com>:> On 8/24/06, Francois Beausoleil <francois.beausoleil / gmail.com> wrote:> > Piston is a utility that enables merge tracking of remote> > repositories. This is similar to svn:externals, except you have a> > local copy of the files, which you can modify at will. As long as the> > changes are mergeable, you should have no problems.>> Nice work Francois!  After reading the website a question I still had was> how does Piston manage my local modifications?  Is there anyway to> version-control those changes, or do we need to stick with SVK for that?
Piston copies the contents of the remote repository to your localworking copy.  It then svn adds it.  So, you really have the fileslocally, ready to be changed / updated.
When you update again, Piston copies the changes from the remoterepository, and as an additional step, merges any local changes thathave occured between the last update and this one.
In this case, examples probably speak a lot louder than words.
I'll write something up and put it on the web.
Thanks for the comments.
Bye !-- Franois Beausoleilhttp://blog.teksol.info/