> > Also some information at:
> >     http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyclr/
> >     http://www.iunknown.com/articles/tag/rubyclr
(looks like the tag isn't very useful, better to search for RubyCLR)

> The second one at least has an example, but the first one...  There's 1
> forum post and 1 bug in the tracker.  That's not really my idea of
> 'information' on a project as big as making a new language work on the
> .NET CLR.

Consider 'some' as my propensity for understatement :-)  It's not really
running Ruby on the CLR (like, for example Ruby.NET); it's an extension
module for Ruby 1.8 Win32 (I don't know if anyone has tested with
anything other than the One-Click Installer) to work with .NET objects
from Ruby.  (I think that one of his prime motivations in writing this was
to use the .NET user-interface features he wanted while the logic driving
the interface stayed in elegant Ruby.)

http://rubyforge.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/README.TXT?root=rubyclr&view=markup
http://rubyforge.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/Samples/?root=rubyclr

Something like:

    require 'rubyclr'
    RubyClr::reference 'System'
    System::Console.WriteLine("Hello")

I've used it from Rails to work with model data from a proprietary data store.